DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
.05 Fuel System
- The fuel system includes the fuel tank, fuel pump, and necessary piping to carry the fuel from the tank to the carburetor or to the injection The engine shall be running when inspecting this system for leaks.
- Visually examine the fuel tank, fuel tank support straps, filler tube (rubber, plastic, metal), tube clamps, fuel tank vent hoses or tubes, filler housing drain, overflow tubes, filler cap, fuel filter and carburetor, or injection system.
- Inspect for proper operation of choke, hand throttle, and accelerator.
Reject Vehicle If:
- Any part of system is not securely fastened.
- There is fuel or vapor leaking at any point in the system.
- Fuel tank cap is missing.
- Overflow or vent tube is missing or obstructed.
- Filler tube is leaking, collapsed, or deteriorated.
- If choke, throttle, or accelerator does not function properly, i.e., there is binding, roughness, or failure to return to released position .
Effective as of February 1, 2012