MOTOR VEHICLE ADMINISTRATION – VEHICLE INSPECTIONS
A. Inspection shall consist of operation and presence of catches and safety catches; insuring that the hood covers at least the top part of the engine compartment; and, if equipped with an air scoop or bubble, same does not extend higher than 1/3 the vertical height of the windshield.
- Open hood and inspect safety catch for proper operation. Close hood and inspect for proper full closure. Manually inspect latch or remote control for proper (If engine is rear mounted, make a similar inspection of engine compartment and hood door.) Stud and safety pin-type latch is acceptable provided pressure is necessary to remove the pin from the stud.
- Inspect for height of air scoop or
- On vehicles where the engine extends inside the vehicle the interior engine cover shall be inspected for proper
Reject Vehicle if
- Hood does not cover at least the top of the engine compartment. (Full hood is required on school vehicles).
- Air scoop or bubble higher than 1/3 the vertical height of the
- Hood latch and keeper not original equipment or equivalent
- Hood is not equipped with a proper operating safety latch
- Latch and release mechanism of hood or engine cover is broken, missing, or improperly adjusted preventing the hood from being properly opened and closed.
- Interior engine cover is not properly sealed to prevent the entrance of engine fumes or exhaust gases into the vehicle.
Effective as of February 1, 2012