MOTOR VEHICLE ADMINISTRATION – VEHICLE INSPECTIONS
.18 Floor; Trunk Pans.
- Floor and trunk pans shall be inspected for holes or rusted and weakened conditions.
(1) Inspect floor pan in occupant compartment (cab) or in cargo areas open to the occupant compartment for rusted-out areas or holes which could permit entry of exhaust gases or which could not support occupants.
(2) Inspect trunk pans for rusted-out areas, holes, or openings which would permit entry of exhaust gases.
(3) Inspect floor covering for presence, adhesion, hazardous conditions and sealing (applicable to school vehicles only).
Reject Vehicle If:
(1) Floor pan (or floor) is cracked, has holes, or is rusted through or weakened to cause a hazard to an occupant, affects the secure mounting of seats, or permits exhaust gases or engine fumes to enter the occupant compartment.
(2) Trunk pans are rusted out, contain holes or openings.
(3) Floor covering is missing, cracked, curled, or worn; not properly sealed or attached; or presents a tripping hazard.
Effective as of February 1, 2012