DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION-VEHICLE INSPECTIONS
.21 Front Driver’s Seat
- A. Inspect front driver’s seat for proper operation of the adjusting mechanism and that seat is securely anchored to the floor, if the vehicle was originally manufactured with a front seat.
- Inspect for presence of front driver’s seat and its condition.
- Inspect seat anchor bolts.
- Inspect seat adjustment.
- Inspect for protruding springs or other objects which could catch clothing or cause injury.
Reject vehicle if:
- Front driver’s seat is missing or unsafe.
- All seat anchor bolts are not securely fastened to the floor or are missing.
- Seat adjusting mechanism slips out of position or does not provide for adjustment.
- Driver’s seat has protruding springs or other objects which could catch clothing or cause injury.
Effective as of February 1, 2012